Thursday, July 6, 2017

Gold and Silver at Breakout Point from Six Year Downtrend

Well, that's a tough one. I would say first is eternal vigilance, I mean freedom depends on it, so my idea or ideal from the beginning has been that all fiat currency will eventually fail. And I also believe that it would happen within my lifetime and I'm certainly older than I was when I held that belief, yet I still hold it. So, really there’s a mandate to hold some portion of your wealth in a savings, in other words, the way capitalism is supposed to work you build from a savings base and that savings is put into a capital formation, which means you construct something be it software, hardware, a building, automobile, whatever, and that becomes a benefit to society at large and they vote in the marketplace with their dollars to further the projects so to speak. Make a profit, which returns to the initial investors and on it goes. So that's the ideal.

My statement was that in times like these rather than be a true capitalist – which is what I just outlined – it requires further savings because there's too many uncertainties out there with one certainty: every fiat currency on planet Earth in all of recorded history has always failed. So, to say that the dollar won't is a misstatement, at least based on past history. Is it going to, for this time, be different? Eh, I guess it's possible. But if we look at it objectively and we state, well, let’s really see what's gone on with the U.S. dollar, if you look at the Federal Reserve Board’s own website, they will freely admit that the 1913 dollar is worth about three cents today. So you have a 97% loss when their mandate was to basically keep the currency stable. They have failed miserably.

Most people that follow what you do, what I do, what the hard money camp, the gold/silver guys talk about, they understand this, but they are very tired out, worn out. I mean I coined the phrase a long time ago that “the silver market would either scare you out or wear you out.” We are definitely at the wear you out phase. And this is where complacency sits, in where they've manipulated the market, we even have proof Deutsche Bank admits it, there is a new CFTC ruling that's gone on, that they've singled out an individual that's going to turn over evidence and probably bring others into the mix on spoofing the market in the silver market, and yet we don't really see any real significant price change.

So, the complacency (mindset) is, look, I know what's going on but it doesn't matter because these guys have got control and they are always going to have control. You know, it brings to mind, the adage, the dark comes before the dawn, the big struggle for seed to germinate, that last little oomph that is required and I think we are very close to the tipping point and I'll add onto that.

First of all, I want to back up a second Mike. As you know, and you're on my service, I put an alert early in the morning about the second week of May and I said I think this is it. Meaning, the fundamental significant shift between paper assets and hard assets, I think, we don't know yet, that gold and silver had turned to the up-side and stocks to the down-side. Now, since I made that statement, stocks have made a new high, so let me get that on the record. However, it looks to me as if we are getting a confirmation on that with gold right now. Because gold is right at the breakout point from a six year down trend and it's mostly safe haven buying, but it's not the people that I just referred to, it's basically the smart money, which means big investors, large hedge funds, and China primarily.

China's gold demand is set to surge about 50% to about 1,000 metric tons this year. Their demand for gold bars are on track to make a 50% move in 2017. The geopolitical risk internationally is probably at an all-time high and this is leading to safe haven demand again, for smart money, nation states, people in the know, people that have basically sold off their stocks quite some time ago near the highs, that have capital sitting on the side lines and that is starting to filter into the gold market. And then you've got of course, a lot to do with the U.K. election, terrorism, the risking tensions in the middle east, and all of this is supportive of the gold, especially after the attacks in London that took place recently.

And the other fact, is that gold is 12% higher for the year and it's actually out performing stocks. Yet, if you stopped the average investor on the street and asked them what's doing better this year, I'd say about 90%, probably higher than that, probably 98% would say, well stocks are doing better than gold.

- Source, Market Oracle